Amazon’s Workforce Staffing (WFS) Global Program Management Team is looking for a highly motivated and flexible Program Manager to drive operational excellence for Workforce Staffing with an emphasis on reducing risk through effective process design and compliance. You will work with business, legal, technology and field teams to identify defects, and diagnose pain points. You will creates solutions to close gaps, develop and execute the build-out of sustainable and systematic solutions to enable growth.
The successful candidate has a track record of successful relationship management and an exceptional ability to influence. They have superb business judgment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. They are experienced in working in highly ambiguous environments and have a passion for building data driven programs that improve business performance. They are self-motivated, solutions-oriented and innovative and demonstrate resilience when faced with challenges.
You must be able to:
· Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to support large-scale programs and initiatives
· Have a rigorous approach to problem solving and analytics, as well as produce, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
· Lead others to drive ongoing program improvements based on user feedback and performance measurements
· Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to the stakeholders and field teams
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance business needs versus constraints
· Establish business priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining goals, milestones and completion dates
· Be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
· Have a combination of practical and intellectual skills, as well as ability to rapidly shift and adapt to different tasks that vary between complex analyses, hands-on projects, and project management.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Risk Management: Identify and quantify Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business for short and long-term processes. Provide analytical insights, bridge variances from plan, and communicate business risks and opportunities. Perform virtual and physical deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period, as well as provide recommendations to pursue corrective action.
· Process Improvement: Drive continuous process improvement for processes related to risk and compliance, using lean methodologies such as Kaizen and Six Sigma. Utilization of strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders, systems and processes.
· Project Management: Develop and deliver projects with large data sets utilizing technical tools and systems needed to work with them. Displaying proven problem-solving skills, project management experience, and strong attention to detail. Maintain excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate across business functions and levels of leadership.
· Communication - Own communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and various white paper analysis.
· Change Management - Develop change management strategies by identifying key stakeholders, approach, and communication plans for implementation of new processes, technology, and/or tools.
· Measurement - Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs.
The preferred location for this role is one of the following corporate office locations: Atlanta, GA, Arlington, VA, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, New York City, and Seattle, WA.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· 3+ years of Project/Program Management experience required
· 1+ year of Kaizen or Six Sigma experience required
· 1+ year of Risk/Compliance experience required
· Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal listening, communicating, influencing and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
· Master’s degree in engineering, business, or human resources
· PMP/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
· Track record of developing and implementing change transformation across geographically distributed teams
· Experience implementing and maintaining processes in large-scale, complex environments
· Prior experience establishing and tracking program metrics including ROI
· Proven success delivering a large volume of results on time with minimal direction
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Exceptional analytical skills, organizational and communication skills, team-oriented philosophy, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.