At Finance Automation, we are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We are responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the services and financial transactions that supports Amazon customers and vendors worldwide. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of Amazon and its partners.
We are looking for an experienced and curious data scientist with superior analytical skills to help us learn more about our data and find opportunities to delight customers with data driven insights. This position is uniquely positioned in the team as we have a growing need for looking around corners, prioritize opportunities using data driven insights and solution these opportunities using different Machine Learning and AI techniques.
You will be diving deep into our data and have a strong bias for action to quickly produce high quality data analyses with clear findings and recommendations. As part of our journey to learn about our data, some opportunities may be a dead end and you will balance unknowns with delivering results for our customers. The ideal candidate is a hands-on data scientist that enjoys working with others, learning, and operate with a long-term ownership focus.
Open to Hyderabad and Gurgaon locations.
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab).
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist.
· Experience in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics).
· Highly proficient in Python, Spark or other statistical/machine learning scripting languages.
· Highly proficient in SQL and data manipulation techniques.
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Ability work in an ambiguous environment where opportunities are not clearly defined.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 4+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
· Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company.
· Understanding of e-commerce metrics and commonly used optimization techniques in the space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.