Do you want to work on some of the most innovative Text-to-Speech technology in the industry? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning and Software Development to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. Your role is to leverage your strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning to help build the next generation of our synthetic voices used by millions of customers every day.
A day in the life
No two days are the same as a Applied Scientist in TTS Voices and Languages!
You will be working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, and operate at several different levels: one minute you’ll be applying the latest and greatest techniques in Deep Learning and Digital Signal Processing to improve the quality of our speech models, the next you will be running experiments and writing papers and patents or making prototype solutions production ready.
About the hiring group
This role sits with TTS, and the goal of the team is to create natural, friendly and emotional voices for Alexa.
As an Applied Scientist on our team you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build Machine Learning models for their application in speech synthesis.
This role requires a pragmatic technical leader comfortable with ambiguity, capable of summarizing complex data and models through clear visual and written explanations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with machine learning models and their application in AI systems. We are particularly interested in experience applying natural language processing, deep learning, and reinforcement learning at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong interest in applied sciences and engineering, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· MSc degree in CS, Machine Learning or related area with 3 years of applied research experience
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modeling with at least one publication, as first author, in a leading conference or journal related to one of these fields
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving and diagnosis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#)
· Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
· Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
· Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
· Working proficiency in English
· PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning
· Extensive hands-on experience in deep learning and speech synthesis
· Working knowledge of an object-oriented language like Java, C/C++, Python
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems
· Experience with end-to-end agile software development
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
· Strong publication record
· A track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
To learn more about the Digital Products team at Amazon,visit http://www.amazon.com/careers/digitalproducts and apply now.