Want to shape the future of streaming through data science and machine learning? We’ve got the shows people love to watch (Jack Ryan, The Expanse, The Boys) and the Emmy Awards love to honor (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag). You’ve got the skills to discover patterns in how people consume our beloved content and quantitatively optimize decisions on IP discovery, content development, and scheduling.
We are looking for a customer-focused, solutions-oriented Applied Scientist for our Amazon Studio Science team. The department is growing fast to provide insights towards our audience and program development on a mission to deliver a right mix of content at the right time. We develop data products and machine learning system using clustering, predictive models, causal models and natural language processing (NLP).
The goal of the role is to apply the most effective machine learning techniques to creative content embedding (books, videos and games), book summarization using NLP, causality of creative decisions on customer acquisition and engagement. The systems you build and the algorithms you create will directly impact Amazon Original programming and scheduling decisions. Your work helps us deliver popular and high-quality content that millions of customers love to watch and talk about.
· Use statistics, NLP and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
· Design, experiment and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning, representation learning and text summarization
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
· Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and translate a business use case to manageable modeling tasks.
· Work closely with internal stakeholders in finance, creative development, programming, strategy, and scheduling.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Sound theoretical understanding of broad machine learning concepts, with deep and demonstrable expertise in at least one topic or application of machine learning
· Strong problem solving ability
· Experience using deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch, particularly to solve natural language processing (NLP) tasks
· Proven record of delivering results
· PhD degree (or significant progress towards completing it) in a quantitative field
· Experience in building production systems to support business decisions
· Publication in a leading conference or journal related to machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
· Experience with cloud computing (EMR, S3, EC2, Redshift, Sagemaker) and big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS).
· Demonstrates ability to solve open-ended problems by framing own hypothesis, creating meaningful metrics, and selecting the appropriate modeling approach.
· Demonstrates clear and concise written communication and presentation skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.