AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things.
AWS Cryptography services enable customers to identify resources and establish secure network connections with other cloud and on-premises resources. Our services help customers create, manage, and deploy digital certificates based on strong cryptography and security best practices. Customers can move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong identity and security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
We are looking for an innovative software development engineer with an interest in information security, identity, certificates, and public key infrastructure (PKI), to build scalable, operationally excellent systems. This is an opportunity to join a new AWS service team, gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, and help bring new disruptive solutions to market at massive scale.
Our mission is to turn traditionally painful interactions into effortless and automated experiences. We work in an exciting environment where our motto is “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” We do not desire to simply produce good solutions here at AWS... we want to produce disruptive, history-changing innovations. As a Software Development Engineer, your responsibilities include:
· Building a scalable digital security system that is core to all AWS services.
· Working as part of a team to develop secure solutions for our customers.
· Communicating with influential customers to both explain the technology and understand requirements.
· Owning the technology stack for one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
· Owning the definition of best practices for the software development lifecycle including its design, implementation, testing, and operational characteristics.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
· 3+ years Software Development Engineer experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Master's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with agile software development methodologies.
· Strong and creative problem solving abilities
· Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations.
· Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
· Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us