Amazon Corporate Security’s (ACS) Prototype Security team is seeking a Prototype Security – Supply Chain Security (SCS) Senior Manager, who is able to strategically lead and manage a SCS team and provide SCS guidance to the Amazon Devices & Services Organization partners and stakeholders. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
This role will have a global reach to ensure consistent IP Protection & confidentiality. In this position, the Senior Manager will direct the implementation of a robust SCS program, overseeing supply chain risk, secure shipping process and developing SCS programs to mitigate disclosure of prototype devices shipped globally. Candidate must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with high attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Candidate must have excellent analytical capabilities, program management experience, be comfortable diving deep into data, have strong writing skills, lead executive-level reviews, and communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and in meetings.
This position will report to the Amazon Corporate Security, Head of Prototype Security.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Hiring, developing, and mentoring SCS assigned employees, and managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
· Working closely with partners, stakeholders, business leaders, and security experts to uncover problems and develop the best approaches to solve them.
· Owning the strategic planning for the evolution of the SCS program and team as the needs of the organization change.
· Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from other Security and Intelligence teams, Amazon Devices & Services Organization, and other technical and business teams.
· Regular reporting on the status of the security challenges and progress toward solving them.
· Own and manage the build out of a Control Tower asset monitoring program - including platform training, testing and maintenance and future development.
· Develop and manage global SCS Policy, SOPs and Audit process
· Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure development of overall risk mitigation and program integration.
· Manage relationships with vendor partners to ensure service delivery of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements from vendor to purchaser.
· Communicate, internally and externally, SCS guidance and ensure that guidance is properly implemented.
· Work cross functionally with peers in Legal, Hardware, Supply Chain Ops, Trade & Compliance, EHS, and Security to establish and deliver scalable SCS standards.
· Represent SCS and provide IP risk guidance in critical business review, core team, and all hands meetings.
· Direct SCS site security audits at 3rd party partner sites, key distribution or supply chain partners and tracking to closure of any associated action items
· Respond to crisis, emergency and/or disaster recovery issues that have impact on prototype development.
· Support Business Continuity planning and process implementation for product teams and Prototype Security team
· Develop and implement security contract language to enhance and support the security of Amazon’s IP and device testing development.
· Assist in the development of SCS awareness materials to include online training modules, and be willing to deploy and conduct in person training sessions, employee outreach events, educational posters and handout materials
· Actively evaluate, analyze, and use metrics collected to proactively inform programmatic needs and policy decisions
A successful person in this role will have:
· Experience managing a global team and programs
· Risk assessment/Investigation skills
· Security Awareness
· Intellectual Property Protection working knowledge or expertise
· Supply Chain Security working knowledge or expertise
· Experience of having worked within a research and development environment
· Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office tools
· 7+ years experience managing Global SCS Programs
· 5+ years experience in managing Global Security/SCS employees
· Well versed in software and technology that supports global supply chain monitoring.
· Domestic and international travel may be required (20-30% of time)
· Ability to work on-site in the office to deliver services outlined in the job description
· Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Intelligence, Security Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain or related industry degree
· Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, MBA, Supply Chain or related security industry or program management degree
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification
· Corporate experience in IP Protection, supply chain security, privacy protection, and field test engineering
· Experience developing and deploying a global SCS program
· Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
· Understanding of statistics and how data is used to inform policies and procedures
· Experience supporting a global program
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to dive deep into issues and do the work yourself if additional staffing is not available
· CPP, CISM, or PMP Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.