Help us shape the future of Alexa where it not only responds to requests from you but also anticipates what you need next and informs you of it at the right moment. We are looking for a seasoned applied scientist to understand signals of engagement, frustration and postive re-enforcement from customers over several diverse voice and visual experiences across Amazon Echo products.
A day in the life
As an Applied Science in the Alexa Experiences and Devices organization, you will be solving key challenges in how customers learn about and interact with voice assistants, and enable customers to get the most out of our products. You will design and develop fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms. You will work on developing novel solutions using large-scale real-world datasets. You will work with senior scientists, engineers, and product team within Alexa to build, evaluate, and deliver your solutions. You will have a chance to directly impact customers experience with Alexa by developing innovative solutions that enable Alexa to continually learn and improve based on customer interactions.
About the hiring group
Alexa Feedback is an engineering and science team within Alexa. Our mission is to give voice to customers, enabling them to be heard and for Alexa to continually improve. We seek to organize, unify and understand all of the ways customer provide feedback to Alexa.
. Design, build, test and release strategic ML models
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, and transformation.
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Present proposals and results to partner teams in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying and inference infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
. Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences.
. Potentially support published works.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience with classical ML models (e.g., regression, trees), test/train/evaluation metrics, key parameters/techniques that affect model performance
· Experience with deep ML models (e.g., Transformers, BERT).
· Experience with Python/PySpark
· Experience with SQL
· Experience analyzing data to identify patterns and conducting error/deviation analysis
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets.
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes.
. Ability to communicate with consumers of the model and present results in intuitive ways.