We are a team of builders that work passionately to apply cutting edge technologies to solve real-world challenges that will transform the Alexa experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet for our customers worldwide. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to develop and deliver new Alexa experiences(to begin with Payments, Education and Engagement) for our India and international customers.
A day in the life
The Alexa India team is looking for a TPM to drive technical cross organization initiatives that help customers get more out of their Alexa devices.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large cross team projects end-to-end.
Your responsibilities include collection of business requirements, establishing technical requirements, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing production and launches. You coordinate design and implementation efforts between cross-functional internal teams across orgs to develop scalable solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
About the hiring group
The Alexa International India team focuses on building and expanding Alexa’s capabilities for customers in India and worldwide. We embrace the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa can serve customers’ unique needs in India and different cultures, locations in a native way. If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join us.
The right candidate will enjoy finding solutions to hard problems, possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects and will have a well-rounded technical background in software development.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
· Passion for delivering products that customers love
· Experience leading in the delivery of large, complex, technical programs
· Significant project management experience including the following disciplines: scope, scheduling, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Exceptional communication abilities with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Proven ability to not only influence but lead business partners and supporting teams
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done