AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with sellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long-lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms”.
About the role
At AbeBooks we work daily to help customers discover and own the books they love, by bringing together the broadest selection of physical books anywhere, from sellers across the world.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will define the strategy and vision for our selling tools and inventory management. In this role, you will use customer insights and industry trends, and partner with business experts, UX designers and software engineers, to deliver the services and tools that will empower our sellers to offer an unparalleled selection of books and a delightful customer experience. You will influence technology and architecture choices for new products, and become the central point of contact for the tech teams responsible for ensuring the successful and timely delivery of new services.
A successful candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and excel at building structure from ambiguity. The candidate will not only develop and drive new products, but also roll up their sleeves, dig in and deliver alongside their team.
· Create and set vision of new products, defining the customer experience and working with various stakeholders to create the technical approach to launches.
· Partner and work closely with business owners, engineers, designers, and stakeholders to set the vision, define the product requirements, create roadmaps, and establish measures of success.
· Drive and deliver these experiences to market, finding creative ways to ship fast, iterate, and learn as you go.
· Learn from customer feedback, user research, end-to-end analytics, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
· Engage with internal and external stakeholders to evangelize and create buy-in for your vision.
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and personal development days. What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning company.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or related experience in software development.
· 5+ years of experience in product management with a record of successful delivery .
· Experience defining product strategies and executing on associated roadmaps.
· Experience with advanced SQL writing, building reporting, and statistical modeling.
· MBA or Master’s degree.
· Deep technical understanding and curiosity. Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, suggest and evaluate technical solutions, and manage trade-offs.
· Passion for creating innovative solutions for customer experience.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.