Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
We are looking for a results-oriented individual to support ISCaP sourcing requirements for mission critical equipment and manufacturing for AWS data centers.
Our AWS procurement team is looking for a results-oriented individual to assume responsibility for sourcing capital equipment related to our growing Infrastructure. Our Category Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing sourcing strategies and clear action plans toward achieving the lowest total cost of ownership fueling the exponential growth across our Data Centers as we meet and exceed customer demand. In this role you will lead internal engagements across supply chain, engineering and business organizations while diving deep into the technologies and operations both from a product and supply chain perspective. You will analyze trends involving the industry players – vendors, customers, and technology to develop strategies to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities allowing AWS to meet and exceed its goals.
· Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with strategic suppliers pertaining to mechanical/control sub-systems for data centers or other mission critical facilities
· Create and execute strategic sourcing projects that will support the teams’ development of an end-to-end sourcing plan globally.
· Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon's spend.
· Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
· Analyze and determine cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, optimizing the supplier base and reducing total cost of ownership.
· Analyze and understand data to create accurate forecasting.
· Adapt to a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
· Lead sourcing engagements and competitive bidding (RFI, RFQ, and RFP).
· Work with our team and business partners for the creation and continuous improvement of the ISCaP supply chain.
· Track internal metrics for executing projects and sourcing plans.
· Make optimal trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope, and apply advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
· Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
· Keys to success in this role include sound judgment and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Business or related technical or quantitative field or additional 4+ years of related industry experience in lieu of a degree
· 6+ years of experience with strategic sourcing or procurement of hardware, or 4+ years of work experience and an advanced degree
· 2+ years of experience in program, project or product management, or leading an implementation of a product
· Experience in data centers, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company.
· MBA or advanced degree in engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
· International procurement experience.
· Demonstrated performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.