Do you have a passion for diving deep to uncover key insights that drive critical business decisions? If yes, the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team. We are looking for a Behavioral Research Scientist who is curious, driven, and passionate about marketing insights and analytics. If you are looking for a role where you can make a major impact, we want to meet you.
A day in the life
This role will work closely with scientists and engineers to develop and run statistical models to improve data annotation, quality and efficiency. You will collaborate directly with economists to produce modeling solutions, partner with software developers and data engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business. You will analyze large amounts of business data, automate, and scale the analysis, and develop metrics that will enable us to continually delight our customers worldwide.
A successful Behavioral Research Scientist will be expected to be a strong, analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems and look around corners for future opportunities.
About the hiring group
The Alexa AI team’s mission is to revolutionize AI data labeling to elevate ML research, and help Alexa AI to become a world-class ground truth data provider.
· Build models and tools using technical knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling, probability and decision theory, and other quantitative techniques.
· Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and develop meaningful analytic solutions.
· Innovate by adapting to new modeling techniques and procedures.
· Utilizing code (preferably Python) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters
· Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support
· Communicating verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· Experience with statistical analysis and statistical software such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.
· PhD degree or a Master's degree and 4+ years of experience of consumer research using methods from Survey Research, Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, or related consumer research fields.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative research experience
· Strong experience with statistical analysis and statistical software such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc. is critical
· Strong analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex results.
· Strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team to achieve high-impact results.
· Publications on peer-review journals
· Experimental design and testing experience, such as through polling, surveys, text mining, machine learning, etc.
· Experience incorporating insights from academia and industry into customer experiments.
· Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
· Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from technical and non-technical backgrounds.