Do you want to drive innovation in the healthcare space and make a positive difference in people's lives?
Alexa is Amazon’s cloud-based voice service available on more than 100 million devices. The Alexa Health & Wellness team is developing innovative solutions to make Alexa a trusted health assistant for millions of customers.
A day in the life
· You will be working with the product manager to gather requirements, collect data from various resources and define functional requirements for the proposed features.
· You will develop FSTs and statistical models and release them to the production environment.
· Continue monitoring the performance of the model and improve it over time.
About the hiring group
We are building software that leverages voice and AI to help millions of people live longer, healthier lives. In the last year we launched features focused on medication management, mental health, and COVID19. We have an exciting roadmap for 2021, and we are just getting started.
We are entering a new era where human machine interactions will have an unprecedented level of intelligence and automaticity with profound impacts on our daily lives and how businesses are conducted. Alexa holds the promise to address the last-10-ft challenge and enable novel applications across versatile domains. We are building a new Alexa team to raise the bar.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to innovate across broad machine learning areas from new language models (for improved natural language understanding accuracy in complex environments) to personalized recommendation services based on real time data.
This role is a great fit for a leader who is passionate about innovations and seeks growth opportunities to make disruptive impacts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 1+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 1+ years of experience working in data science, statistical learning, deep learning, natural language understanding, or related disciplines.
· Experience working with modern tools for big data storage and analysis (e.g., AWS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL)
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations.
· Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals of data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
· Understanding of foundational statistics concepts and algorithms such as linear/logistic regression, random forest, boosting, neural networks, decision trees, LVQ, SVM, etc.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Hands on experience in building deep learning models, especially RNNs (LSTM, BiLSTM etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age