The mission of Amazon Halo team is to create products and services that empower customers, enterprises, and care providers to improve health. Our team is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our start-up environment to help invent the future of health. We have just launched our initial product and membership and are excited to continue inventing on behalf of our customers. We solve significant problems in customer health and wellness through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Amazon.
A day in the life
As a Data Scientist, you will work on our Science team and partner closely with applied scientists, data engineers as well as product managers, UX designers, and business partners to answer complex problems via data analysis.
About the hiring group
You will be part of a world-class Computer Vision and Machine Learning (CVML) team tasked with solving huge business problems through innovative technology.
As a Data Scientist, you will work on our Science team and partner closely with applied scientists, data engineers as well as product managers, UX designers, and business partners to answer complex problems via data analysis. Outputs from your analysis will directly help improve the performance of the CVML algorithms thereby enhancing the customer experience as well help inform the roadmap for science and the product. You are able to effectively analyze complex and disparate datasets collected from diverse sources to derive key insights. You have excellent communication skills to be able to work with cross-functional team members to understand key questions and earn the trust of senior leaders. You are able to multi-task between different tasks such as gap analysis of algorithm results, integrating multiple disparate datasets, doing business intelligence, analyzing engagement metrics or presenting to stakeholders. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or Master's degree with 3+ years of data science experience or Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of data science experience
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Experience with machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining, and analytics techniques
· Able to write SQL scripts for analytics and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Experience in efficiently handling large datasets for solving business problems.
· Experience in data analytics in the fields of image processing, computer vision, and/or deep learning.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences