The AWS Startup Team exists to align the resources of AWS with builders from all backgrounds. We work directly with startups and investors globally, delivering programs and resources that increase their potential for success. The team is comprised of a rare group of high-caliber founders, working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy and support the next generation of startup entrepreneurs.
As part of the Startup Team, we created the CTO Fellowship, a four-week program that offers venture-backed CTOs guidance, resources, and community. We are looking to grow the program exponentially, with a CTO community that lasts for the entire company lifecycle. You’ll be instrumental in helping this program reach scale globally.
Candidates must have a background in the startup ecosystem, ideally as a community manager or platform lead for a technology company, venture capital firm, or accelerator. We are looking for someone who has built an online community from the ground up, with a focus on unique events, active forums, and high-value introductions. A keen sense of ownership, customer empathy, and scrappiness is a must.
· Create strategic events that help CTOs build enduring companies based on customer feedback
· Execute relationship building and networking programs for CTOs
· Experiment with new ways to deepen engagement within the CTO community
· Build up a library of evergreen content from our events and other sources across Amazon
· Perform customer research to deepen our understanding of the startup CTO journey
· Deliver data-driven insights to senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks
· 3+ years’ experience running community for a technology company, venture capital firm, or accelerator
· 5-10+ years of total work experience
· Passion for helping startups and empathy for the founder journey
· Ability to build connection and value among individuals with different background, skillsets and perspectives
· Strong end to end community manager with operational rigor
· Creative problem solver, excels at executing and adapting plans for effectiveness
· Self-starter who is curious, eager to ask questions and seek input
· Experience doing customer research, both qualitative and quantitative
· High level knowledge of cloud computing and the value proposition for startups
· Team player who rolls up their sleeves to get things done and collaborates well
· Excellent verbal and written communicator
· This position can be located anywhere in the US with a preference for New York
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles County Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.