This position can reside anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, and AWS CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This role supports the Public Sector State & Local Government Health & Human Services team, working with AWS customers and Partners to develop and deploy secure, modern Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems on AWS.
Please apply if you are passionate about the following:
· Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
· Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
· Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
With experience in the following key areas:
· Technical presentation experience – White board, small and large group presentations
· Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
· Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
· Ability to travel 30%
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 7+ years enterprise IT application experience
· 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 2+ years working with Health Information Exchange (HIE) organizations or state health agencies advancing HIE initatives, with demonstrated knowledge of HL7, FHIR, and CCDs.
· This position can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
· Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
· Prior experience in state or local government
· Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, HITRUST, etc.
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Prior experience in a technical role at a State Health Agency or Health Information Exchange
· Prior experience working with a Systems Integrator (SI) or Independent Software Vendor (ISV) in the health care technology industry focused on Health Information Exchanges and/or analytics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records