In the Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability (WW RR&S) group at Amazon, we are dedicated to ‘making zero happen’ – zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects – to benefit our customers, company, and environment. We are an agile and inclusive organization that constantly innovates to create long-term value by investing in our people and our planet, not simply focusing on the bottom line.
WW RR&S includes business, product, operations, data, and software engineering teams, who together manage the lifecycle of returned and damaged products. In WW RR&S, you will partner across these teams to help customers discover great deals on quality used, rentals, and open box items; get the most value out of Amazon’s products; improve the customer returns experience; and reduce defects, waste, and cost in reverse logistics processes. You will be a leader, a builder, and an owner, collaborating cross-functionally with technical, operations, and business teams to design scalable and automated solutions to customer problems.
Amazon is Earth’s most customer-centric company and in WW RR&S, the Earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team!
In this role, you will be leading Reverse Logistics Business Analytics for our Operations Team. You will leverage strengths in statistical analysis to proactively identify patterns in data and build automation into the Returns Evaluation process. Your work will directly benefit Amazon Customers through improvements in operational quality. You will work with Operations Subject Matter Experts, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Research Scientists in order to identify ways to use data to improve processes currently conducted manually. You will be a force for change, using data to drive business decisions and technical investment.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
· 7+ years of industry experience in data analysis. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· 3+ years of experience in writing advance SQL queries and manipulating large data sets in a database
· 5+ years of advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc), Amzon Quicksight , Tableau or similar data visualization tool
· 3+ years of experiences in Python, R, MATLAB, or another statistical programming language (linear and nonlinear modelling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
· Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”
· Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
· Experience partnering with senior leaders to identify and solve business issues