Amazon Halo is a new membership program for holistic health & wellbeing, featuring a wellness tracker and companion app with a broad range of tracking, insights, and behavior change content. The mission of Amazon’s Halo team is to create products and services that empower customers, enterprises, and care providers to improve our customers’ health. We are looking for a Senior Qualitative/Mixed-methods User Researcher passionate about improving customers’ physical and mental health and wellness to join our growing UX Design & Research team. This position can be located in either Seattle, WA or Sunnyvale, CA.
A day in the life
You should apply if you are a researcher who is excited about turning data into actionable insights, and actionable insights into customer benefit. As a Sr. User Researcher on the team, you will help us understand our customers’ engagement with our products and their health, such as barriers to behavior change. You will uncover insights in broad areas of health and wellness, such as fitness, mobility, sleep, habit formation, and others, and will help shape new, yet to be explored domains.
About the hiring group
The Health & Wellness UX team combines design and research. We are a highly collaborative, motivated, and supportive team. Here are some goals that we follow and aspire to:
· We remove barriers to healthy behaviors and outcomes.
· We deliver insights and clear direction, not just data.
· We share early, we share often, and we give honest feedback in a kind way.
· We celebrate and support each other.
You will be working from high-level requirements to define and execute research projects, drive various usability tests, and formulate insights and recommendations in collaboration with UX designers, business leaders, engineers, and product managers. You will be expected to employ a variety of tools and methods to get research done. To be successful you should be a critical, inventive thinker with proven research experience, have keen attention to detail, excitement for understanding and using data, an ability to communicate your ideas effectively, and the drive to see research findings through to product.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 6+ years of experience driving all stages of qualitative/mixed-methods user research in an applied setting (study design, operational execution, data analysis, and devising customer insights/recommendations)
· Experience operating as an individual contributor in a user research role.
· Experience with varied research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
· Bachelor's Degree in human computer interaction, psychology, sociology, anthropology, or related discipline.
· MS or PhD in human computer interaction, psychology, sociology, anthropology, or related discipline.
· A portfolio that illustrates how your research informed decision-making, showcasing deliverables, and your ability to extract actionable insights from qualitative data.
· Passion for products in Health, Wellness, and/or Behavior Change.
· Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
· Proven communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Experience working in a fast-paced software development environment within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
· An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our customers.
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics.
· Experience in products in Health, Wellness, and/or Behavior Change.