Come build the future of privacy with us! To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We work in a fast-paced environment across multiple industries, never losing our passion for customers.
As a member of the PXT Compliance & Immigration team, you will play a key role in operationalizing privacy across Amazon’s global employee, candidate, and contingent worker populations. This includes engaging with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will be responsible for consulting with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR.
In the execution of Amazon’s global privacy obligations, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management, analytical, and relationship building skills to develop and deploy innovative strategies for data protection.
The identified candidate will demonstrate proven experience to: support diverse stakeholders; evaluate control effectiveness; manage the execution of large, complex projects; improve process efficiency and scalability; understand levels of potential risk and how to address them; provide in-depth consultation; and have the ability to synthesize diverse data to identify patterns, draw conclusions, and prioritize remediation efforts using risk management concepts.
The ‘day-to-day’ aspect of this role will be to review internal Amazon systems for compliance with global privacy obligations. As part of this you will provide proactive guidance for upcoming tech builds and roadmaps, work with senior leaders on acceptable business risk when applicable, and track remediation actions as needed. You will be responsible for knowing the ins and outs of these systems, and ensure the system owners follow the correct paths to full compliance. After reviewing each system, you will be responsible for creating a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) and Record of Processing (RoP) for regulatory need. You will also manage a team of direct reports.
Key responsibilities include:
· Consult with global legal, finance, benefits, IT, information security, and HR policy, process, vendor, and application owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate privacy risks.
· Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
· Socialize and secure commitment for remediation and risk management strategies.
· Create and execute project plans to achieve the defined deliverables.
· Develop deep knowledge of employee privacy obligations and data privacy processes and solutions utilized by Amazon.
· Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations.
· Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) system framework.
· Prepare other supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
· Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
· Manage other risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
· Ability to travel up to 10% including international destinations (post-COVID).
The successful candidate leverages their background in compliance program management, data protection, records management, human resources, data governance, and/or data modelling to implement privacy controls across the internal technology ecosystem.
· 6+ years of experience in an HR, privacy, legal, compliance or risk management role
· 5+ years of program management experience, including change management, project management, stakeholder management, user training, and communications
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· Experience with GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, India’s PDP, German Works Councils and other privacy regulations
· 7+ years of experience in an HR technology, compliance, or risk management role
· Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
· Experience defining technical requirements and specifications, writing policy, and adapting requirements to technical and business needs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Management and leadership experience, either remote or in person