Amazon's digital economics team is looking for an Economist Manager to help build and grow a team to put cutting edge economic and data science advertising research into production. We are looking for a unique individual who is interested in bigger picture strategic thinking but with the passion for big data. You will work with us to develop models of consumer and advertiser behavior.You will work at the intersection of engineering, economics, and data science.
If you have a background in economics, mathematics, or statistics and have always experience building and mentoring science teams, this is the job for you.
Examples of the problems you will manage:
- Auction and mechanism design
- Estimation and implementation of Bayesian statistical models
- Low-latency implementation of constrained optimization problems
About Amazon's advertising business:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Sponsored Products helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising that grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The Sponsored Products Ad Marketplace team optimizes the systems and ad placements to match demand with supply using a combination of machine learning, big data analytics, ultra-low latency high-volume engineering systems, and quantitative product focus. Our goals are to help buyers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for Advertisers to meet their business objectives and continue to build a big, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
· Phd in Economics or highly related finance field
· 8+ years of experience in industry, research, consulting or government
· Management experience.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation