The mission of Amazon’s Halo team is to create products and services that empower customers, enterprises, and care providers to improve health. Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon’s Devices organization, is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future of health. We have just launched our initial product and services, and we are excited to continue inventing on behalf of our customers.
A day in the life
As a member of this team, you will be working in a fast paced, start-up environment, and you will have the opportunity to have outsized impact on a new line of Amazon products. You will get to influence strategy and product features, as well as drive system architecture and the best practices that produce quality products. In addition to having a large scope as a software engineer, being part of a science team also means you will have many opportunities to develop new skills in the field of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
About the hiring group
Our team of engineers and scientists use cutting edge natural language processing, machine learning, and deep learning technologies to deliver cool products for our customers. As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will get to work on engineering and science problems. You will experience the full ML lifecycle from prototype to customer facing product. You will also work on data-intensive applications and services. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background in developing high-volume service architectures, and interest in machine learning and deep learning technologies.
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will:
· invent, design and build software that is stable and performant
· collaborate with scientists, product managers, UX designers, and TPMs to deliver your solutions to customers
· work on the full lifecycle of a product from prototype to customer-facing product
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of software development experience
· 3+ years of experience in coding in a modern programming language such as Python, Java and/or C/C++
· 1+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience in building NLU, NLG, and/or ER systems, e.g., commercial NLU products or government NLU projects
· Experience with AWS and large-scale data processing frameworks like Spark, Flink, etc.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field