The Amazon Alexa team focuses on bringing user-delighting, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers. The mission of the Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions team is to safeguard Alexa customers by developing world class, innovative solutions for the biggest security challenges. These challenges span the capabilities Alexa supports from communications to smart home to shopping to integration with financial institutions. They also include the core Alexa functionality (e.g., machine learning). We are passionate problem solvers with deep security expertise. We’re looking for a Security Engineering Manager to help manage a team uncovering problems. You will partner with world-class technical leaders, engineers, business teams, scientists and data analysts across the organization, spanning a wide range of disciplines.
As a Security Engineering Manager for the Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions team, you will be responsible for managing a team of security engineers with expertise at looking around corners to find security risks for Alexa. Your team is responsible for setting the bar on what problems need to be tackled. Your team also helps propose and work through innovative and creative solution options and ensures the problem is sufficiently solved. You will partner closely with security minded developers to push the boundaries of innovation. If you are passionate about security and safeguarding Alexa customers all around the world, we'd love to chat with you! We're seeking highly talented, driven and motivated technical leaders with big ideas and high standards.
A successful candidate will have an established background as a security engineering manager. This will include experience in security engineering disciplines such as penetration testing, application security, incident response, and security automation. A successful candidate will also have experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities include:
· Hiring, developing, and mentoring security engineers, and managing the day-to-day activities of the team
· Working closely with developers, business leaders, and other security experts to uncover problems and develop the best approaches to solve them
· Owning the strategic planning for the evolution of the team as the needs of the organization change
· Close interaction with security teams that provide support to Alexa
· Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from research teams, software engineering teams, and other technical and business teams
· Regular reporting on the status of the security challenges and progress toward solving them
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
· 5+ years of industry experience with hands-on security engineering experience
· 5+ years of risk assessment and enabling organizations making security decisions
· 5+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
· 5+ years of experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
· Experience with building software solutions (managing developing teams, writing code)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal process and maximum productivity
· Strong project management experience desired for working on cross-functional projects
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
· Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other Managers and software engineers to maintain architectural vision and software quality while building and maintaining high agility, high morale and low to zero process teams
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer science/Math or related field
· Experience with a wide range of technologies and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
· Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems every day
· Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and self-motivated, with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
· Experience securing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliabilityAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.