AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, to the Internet of Things and the AWS Platform team is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind.
Do you get excited working on new challenges and puzzles every day? Do you like to solve problems, drive solutions and influence features launched for customers? The AWS Business Operations team is looking for a talented operations program manager who resolve escalated operational issues across cross-functional teams such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Software Development teams.
As operations program manager, you will use your exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills to lead multi-discipline initiatives demonstrating deep program management success. A successful candidate will work hard on behalf of our customers to provide day to day resolution of complex tier-3 customer escalations and drive root cause resolution to eliminate future issues. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, ability to navigate unknown/ambiguous issues without clear path to resolution are critical. This role requires analytical skills, critical thinking and technical savvy to understand customer issues and build trust with technical stakeholders.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People with Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
· Create a strategic roadmap for continuous improvement, quality processes, and metrics that support the delivery of world-class solutions.
· Lead Improvement Projects/Kaizen events to bring together cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and achieve targeted performance improvement in a compressed timeframe.
· Assess process improvement and transformation opportunities, and partner with process owners and stakeholders to scope opportunities, define problem statements and objectives, and structure projects and teams.
· Build high-quality, standardized processes that consistently deliver intended outcomes, optimize efficiency, drive automation efforts, and develop best practices.
· Deliver customized tools, guidance, and expertise in Continuous Improvement practices, to help diagnose and correct even the most complex process challenges.
· Provide day to day resolution to tier 3 escalations and help stakeholders in making right decisions.
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas, and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus.
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience involving distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
· Experience in E-commerce payments processing
· An MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
· Customer Service background
· Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
· Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
· A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment