Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. For all of us on the Recruiting Engine Team, we are reinventing how we attract talent to Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently. Together we are building the future of Amazon – one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
The Recruiting Engine Team is seeking to hire a Content Editor who can create, edit and execute internal communications to be distributed across our organization as well as external, candidate-facing marketing content. As the Content Editor, your main objective will be creating and editing communications to drive alignment, excitement and clarity for Recruiting Engine’s innovative services across the organization and among key business partners. You will be responsible for developing narratives that are best-in-class by bringing a strong attention to detail and clarity of voice, as well as thorough knowledge of grammar and style guidelines. In addition, you will be a key contributor to building our Employer Brand and bringing employee stories to life through internal and external messaging.
The ideal candidate will have experience copywriting and editing marketing content in a corporate communications, marketing, or PR environment. In this role, you will own and execute e-newsletters as well as ongoing communications that keep stakeholders informed via internal communication channels. You will assist in collecting, synthesizing and editing content, as well as developing content from scratch. You will also be the final editor ensuring all messaging is on strategy, on voice, and error-free. In addition to internal communications, you will work with Employer Brand to edit social media content, digital ads, blogs, career site copy, and external candidate-facing communications, leveraging insights to influence your intended audience. You should be proficient in creating and editing content in a corporate environment and with effectively managing internal and external stakeholders, style and branding guidelines, and PR requirements.
The successful candidate will:
· Possess superior writing and editing skills
· Quickly dive into Amazon’s writing culture, learning the company’s style guidelines and ensuring that they are applied correctly to all written deliverables
· Provide copy editing for internal stakeholders on both short- and long-term projects
· Multitask and project manage communications in an environment with competing priorities and deliverables
· Solid project management skills and experience, strong attention to details, and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
· Partner with Employer Brand to develop creative content for external audiences that attracts talent to Amazon
This position will be based in Amazon's HQ2 corporate offices in Arlington, VA or in our corporate hub in Boston, MA.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or applicable field
· 4+ years of experience as a copy/content editor
· Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to distill business concepts and change management messages into crisp, user-friendly communications.
· Strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to style guides.
· Experience in creating, writing and editing content for internal and external audiences
· A portfolio that represents a range of content and shows your passion for connecting with readers
· 5+ years of experience as a copy/content editor ideally in a fast growth company, media organization, or global tech company
· Proven ability to work independently or in ambiguous circumstances
· Familiarity with recruitment marketing/employer brand
· Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing
Experience with third-party email creation tools and/or creating HTML emails.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us