Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of Robotics challenges. At Robotics AI, our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers at Amazon scale. We are developing AI solutions that enable robots to learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from people to build AI that feeds itself. The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale.
We are looking for an experienced researcher and scientist in the areas of robot motion planning, multi-robot coordination, machine learning for robot control or multi-agent path finding / planning to join our team. You will have an innovative track record for your career stage in at least one of robot motion planning, multi-robot coordination, machine learning for robot control, multi-agent path finding / planning or multi-robot systems planning. You may have hands on experience in Robotics and you will be passionate about using your expertise to invent new Robotics technology and to deploy it at scale.
You will work with other world-leading scientists to build and deliver the world's most scalable robotics systems, working together from ideation-to-production.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
· 1+ years of experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD (OR Master's Degree plus 10+ years of industry or academic research experience) in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
· 2 years of academic or industry research experience in one or more of robot motion planning, multi-robot coordination, machine learning for robot control, multi-agent path planning/path finding, or optimization for multi-robot systems.
· Extensive algorithm development experience.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· PhD and 3+ years of academic or industry research experience in one or more of robot motion planning, multi-robot coordination, machine learning for robot control, multi-agent path planning/path finding, or optimization for multi-robot systems.
· 2+ years of industrial experience in software development using Java, C++, Python or related language.
· Drive and experience to apply algorithm research to real systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Excellent problem-solving ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.