Do you want to join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team - the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then come join the Alexa AI team, which is in charge of improving Alexa user satisfaction through continuous closed-loop self-learning. The team owns the modules that reduce user perceived defects through automatic defect detection and label generation.
A day in the life
· Work collaboratively with scientists and developers to design and implement automated, scalable NLP/ML/IR models for accessing and presenting information
· Drive scalable solutions from the business, to prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production
· Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
About the hiring group
The Alexa AI team is in charge of improving Alexa user satisfaction through continuous closed-loop self-learning. The team owns the modules that reduce user perceived defects through automatic defect detection and label generation.
You will be working alongside a team of experienced deep learning and NLP scientists and engineers to create deep neural network based contextual dialogue modeling on tasks such as speech translation, natural language understanding, etc.
You will be expected to:
· Analyze, understand, and model dialogue context based on large scale speech and dialogue data;
· Create and innovate deep learning and/or NLP based algorithms for improving accuracy of Alexa's speech recognition and natural language understanding through contextual modeling;
· Perform model/data analysis and monitor user-experienced based metrics through online A/B testing;
· Research and implement novel deep learning and NLP algorithms and models.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· 5+ years experience in building natural language processing systems
· Solid ML background and familiar with standard NLU and ML techniques
· Experience with PySpark for big data processing, analysis and ML
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills