We are a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in diagnostics technology to solve real-world problems. As a Senior Immunoassay Scientist, you will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting medical diagnostic products and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The Senior Immunoassay Scientist should be an expert in using immunoassays to develop assays leading to commercially viable products. They should have a deep understanding of underlying biochemical processes and components within conventional immunoassay platforms, be someone capable of diving deep into the data (requires in-depth understanding of the lab processes, for example to do root cause analysis of experimental outcome based on the data), and be someone who can work independently.
· Research and develop both existing and new cutting edge immunoassay technologies
· Carefully execute laboratory experiments and provide guidance to teams of scientists and engineers through the writing of clear standard operating protocols.
· Assist with assay process transfer to production environments and design and execute verification/validation plans
· Work with a team of scientists and engineers to communicate experiments and conclusion for review
· Work closely with clinical, regulatory and quality stakeholders
· Follow literature in the field
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Hands-on experience in both developing and transferring immunoassays from R&D to production
· Experience with a wide variety of immunoassay platforms, such as ELISA, LFIA, etc.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions with teams of scientists and interdisciplinary teams.
· Comfortable reading and analyzing scientific literature
· Broad understanding of other assay technologies including PCR, NGS, cell culture, etc.
· Experience in CLIA/CAP regulated laboratory
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us