Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Senior Applied Scientist in Alexa AI, you will perform the duties of a research scientist and are also expected to be strong at implementing the algorithm. You are expected be an expert in machine learning approaches for conversational language and speech processing. Our mission is to innovate the state-of-the-art core technologies in these areas.
· Research, design, implement, analyze and evaluate novel algorithms for multimodal conversational AI using deep learning
· Develop state-of-the-art algorithms, contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property and publish at top-tier conferences
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing algorithms and demonstrating them in systems including prototypes and products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Computer Science, Linguistics or related field
· Experience with Python programming language
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes and use of strong baselines
· Ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Experience with statistical modelling, machine learning, experimental design, hypothesis testing, and A/B Testing
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment