EC2 Commercial Software Services is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist who can leverage the mountain of data our services produce in order to conduct statistical analysis, design machine learning models, and develop analytical solutions that answer increasingly complex business questions. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are considered a data science leader on your team. You take the lead on large projects and drive solutions to complex or ambiguous problems. You design solutions that help us take advantage of business opportunities and you are a key influencer of our engineering strategies using the data analysis you provide. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. You help raise awareness of new and well-established data science techniques, and actively mentor and develop in your organization.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will discover and solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing simulations and experiments, creating models, and collaborating with colleagues in business, software, and research. You will get the exciting opportunity to work on some of the world’s largest and diverse datasets. You will strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by statistical proof. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing KPIs, cost savings analysis, ML models, and research in order to drive business solutions using computational techniques and statistics to support strategic and tactical decision-making. You will have significant experience performing large-scale data analysis and reporting, and will implement data analytics using cutting edge technologies that are inclusive of but not limited to various AWS products- Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, and QuickSight. You should be expert at implementing and operating stable, scalable data flow solutions from production systems into end-user facing applications/reports.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, expert knowledge of statistics and algorithm development, and an analytical mindset. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse customer groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Business Analytics, MIS, or a related field and four years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics,Business Analytics, MIS, or a related field and eight years of experience in the job offered or a related field as equivalent to the Master’s degree and two years of experience.
· 4+ years' of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· 4+ years of experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
· Adept at making trade-offs to balance business vs technology needs/constraints to resolve bottlenecks and deliver incremental value
· Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
· Prior work experience as a Data Scientist
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects, balancing strategic focuses with operational challenges.