This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related science or technology
· 3+ years of experience leading software development projects
· 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
· Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s)
· Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones
· Track record for managing complex technology projects
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
· Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
· Experience developing Internet products and technologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven problem solving skills
· Strong organizational skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $52.25/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.