Do you want to join Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) - the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then come join us with the Alexa AI team, which is in charge of improving Alexa user satisfaction through real-time metrics monitoring and continuous closed-loop learning. The team owns the modules that reduce user perceived defects and frictions through utterance reformulation, contextual and personalized hypothesis ranking.
With the Alexa AI team, you will be working alongside a team of experienced machine/deep learning scientists and engineers to create data driven machine learning models and solutions on tasks such as sequence-to-sequence query reformulation, graph feature embedding, personalized ranking, etc..
You will be expected to:
· Analyze, understand, and model user-behavior and the user-experience based on large scale data, to detect key factors causing satisfaction and dissatisfaction (SAT/DSAT).
· Build and measure novel online & offline metrics for personal digital assistants and user scenarios, on diverse devices and endpoints
· Create and innovate deep learning and/or machine learning based algorithms for utterance reformulation and contextual hypothesis ranking to reduce user dissatisfaction in various scenarios;
· Perform model/data analysis and monitor user-experienced based metrics through online A/B testing;
· Research and implement novel machine learning and deep learning algorithms and models
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· 8+ years experience in building natural language processing systems
· Solid ML background and familiar with standard NLU and ML techniques
· Experience with PySpark for big data processing, analysis and ML
· 3+ years experience with programming languages such as R, Python, Java
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent
· Track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Good written and spoken communication skills