The Employee Communications and Engagement team within Amazon Benefits enables Amazon’s diverse workforce to engage effectively and effortlessly with health, wellness, and financial programs designed to support their overall well-being. To deliver on this mission, we’re seeking a creative marketing or communications professional to design and implement high-impact communication strategies that drive employee engagement with strategic health and welfare initiatives.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with our Healthcare Strategy and Innovation team to communicate about new health initiatives aimed at expanding access to high quality care, improving health outcomes, and managing costs. This entails deeply understanding our diverse employee population—their motivations, behaviors, and sentiment about key health and wellness topics— and applying these insights to devise strategies for driving awareness and utilization. You will write informative yet approachable communications that are easy for employees to consume and understand. You will help ensure a conversational and approachable voice and tone that reinforces our goal to be Earth’s most employee-centric company. Finally, you will help ensure that all employees and their families can effortlessly discover the information they need, when they need it, on their device of choice.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for advancing health and wellness among employees, their families, and the communities in which they live. You are an excellent writer and editor with a talent for translating complex concepts into clear, concise, and user-friendly content and communications. You will have experience writing and producing communications across a variety of onsite and offsite channels. You are self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining an unwavering attention to detail and high standards. This role requires an individual with strong judgement, a collaborative working style, and the skills to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels.
This position can be based in Amazon HQ2/Arlington, VA (preferred) or Dallas, TX.
· Build and execute communication strategies that ensure Amazon employees have the information they need to take advantage of benefits and make informed choices to improve their well-being.
· Write compelling and effective copy that resonates with diverse audiences across a variety of marketing channels.
· Orchestrate communication and content development across a network of contributors and stakeholders.
· Work with regional communications managers to understand regional nuances and localize content.
· Work with creative agencies and benefit vendors to design, develop, and execute print collateral, mailers, and digital campaigns.
· Provide oversight for benefit vendor communications, adapting the content as needed to adhere to Amazon’s brand, voice, and quality standards.
· Execute a channel strategy that delivers the right information, to the right audiences, through the right channels.
· Understand and respond to testing metrics and performance data to define, adjust, and influence the direction of content and communications.
· Stay current on communication best practices and make recommendations on ways to improve our communications initiatives.
· Future periodic business travel may be required.
· 8+ years’ professional experience in campaign marketing, communications, or public relations.
· 5+ years’ experience building and executing multi-touch marketing and/or communication campaigns from concept to results.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and establish credibility with peers and leaders.
· Work samples that represents a range of content that you have written or edited, and shows your talent for connecting with readers.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, English, or related discipline.
· Marketing or communications experience for healthcare or employee benefits.
· Experience leading communications programs across a range of countries, cultures, and business units.
· Experience developing creative, effective approaches to reaching a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce.
· Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
· A curious individual who is eager to learn new concepts and dive into unknown territory.
· Willingness to deliver results at both a strategic and tactical level.
· Effective at balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and finding solutions among potentially incongruous facts and individual perspectives.
· Adept at operating in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us