Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As part of the simulation team, you will be working on building a virtual world for development and testing of robot autonomy software. You will collaborate with leading experts in robotics, computer vision, autonomy and sensor fusion to simulate delivery at scale. You will be adding robot-centric features to our cloud-based virtual reality environment.
· MSc/PhD in Computer Science or related engineering field
· 3+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
· Proficiency in C/C++
· 7+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
· Practical hands on experience in distributed and high performance compute.
· Expertise in machine learning, semantic segmentation and annotations.
· Expert domain expertise in structure from motion, multiview stereo, and geometry processing.
· Hands on experience in 3D reconstruction from ground and aerial based imagery and LIDAR.
· General knowledge in computer graphics and computer vision.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.