We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist to help build industry-leading technologies in Natural Language Processing. Our team's mission is to enable Alexa to break down language barriers for our customers.
As a Senior Applied Scientist with the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team, you will be responsible for developing novel algorithms that advance the state-of-the-art in language processing and entity resolution, driving model and algorithmic improvements, formulating evaluation methodologies and for influencing design and architecture choices. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will work in a hybrid, fast-paced organization where scientists and engineers work together and drive improvements to production. You will collaborate with and mentor other scientists to raise the bar of scientific research in Amazon.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· 5+ years experience in building speech recognition, machine translation, or natural language processing systems
· 5+ years Machine Learning experience
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Strong software development skills
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills