Amazon’s Strategic Sourcing Analytics (SSA) team is looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist to build and improve the world-class science driven supply chain ecosystem that supports sophisticated decision making to improve product availability, lead times, vendor performance and lower costs. Our teams work is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that automates and optimizes supply chain under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply. This is an opportunity to think big about how to optimize the world’s most dynamic supply chain.
Strategic Sourcing is part of Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) - a centralized organization that owns automated systems for demand forecasting, inventory management, sourcing, inbound optimization, Fast Track promise and order fulfillment. Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncwsr1Of6Cw&feature=youtu.be
The Strategic Sourcing team works with vendor inputs/constraints, supply chain signals and other SCOT systems to execute a sourcing strategy, ultimately translating an optimal plan into real world execution by systematically connecting with suppliers. Sourcing owns and develops systems to systematically negotiate cost with vendors, determine the right inbound channel, optimize how we purchase inventory from our suppliers, and automate procurement by integrating with Vendor systems. Sourcing team aims to maximize supply availability and optimize for total sourcing cost that impacts both topline and bottom line of Amazon.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Data Science concepts, data analytics and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with ambiguities in sourcing processes. Excellent business communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You must be comfortable working with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy working closely with smart engineers and scientists along with growth other benefits. We have a creative and comfortable work environment and this is your opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and a growing data-technology team.
· Master’s degree (or Bachelor's degree + 8 years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
· 5+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
· 5+ years of experience using data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages e.g. Python, or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Apply the acquired knowledge and business judgment to build decision-supporting and operational tools to improve the bottom line.
· Identify areas with potential for improvement and work with internal teams to generate requirements that can realize these improvements.
· Can successfully sell ideas to an executive level decision maker. Can present company-wide technical decisions to the internal technical community and represent the company effectively at technical conferences.