Are you excited to help customers discover the hottest and best reviewed products?
The Marketing Tech and Science team helps customers discover and engage with new, popular and relevant products across Amazon worldwide. We do this by combining technology, science, and innovation to build new customer-facing features and experiences alongside cutting edge tools for marketers. You will be responsible for creating and building critical services that automatically generate, target, and optimize Amazon’s cross-category marketing and merchandising. Through the enablement of intelligent marketing campaigns that leverage machine-learning models, you will help to deliver the best possible shopping experience for Amazon’s customers all over the globe.
We are looking for analytical problem solvers who enjoy diving into data, excited about data science and statistics, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between engineering teams and business stakeholders. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems and look around corners for future opportunities. Your domain spans the design, development, testing, and deployment of data-driven and highly scalable machine learning solutions in product recommendation.
As an Applied Scientist, you bring business and industry context to science and technology decisions. You set the standard for scientific excellence and make decisions that affect the way we build and integrate algorithms. Your solutions are exemplary in terms of algorithm design, clarity, model structure, efficiency, and extensibility. You tackle intrinsically hard problems, acquiring expertise as needed. You decompose complex problems into straightforward solutions.
To know more about Amazon science, please visit https://www.amazon.science
· A MS in CS, Machine Learning or in a highly quantitative field.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in product recommendation and large data analysis.
· Hands on development experience in Python, C++, Java, SQL.
· Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
· A PhD in CS, Machine Learning or in a highly quantitative field.
· 4+ years of industry experience in machine learning
· Experience in applying machine learning in product recommendation .
· Superior ML breadth and depth
Strong record of publications in the area of AI and Machine Learning.
· Ability to clean, transform, and merge your own data in a procedural language like Python or R