Amazon is looking to hire highly motivated Network Engineers to help design, deploy and automate one of the worlds largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform“ to the world and our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate and our goal is to design, deploy and automate network delivery while maintaining the highest reliability for our customers. Our teams scale the existing network, design new topologies, deploy these topologies and also automate activities where possible.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
· Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services
· Design, deploy, and scale our network across multiple global datacenters (including existing and new locations)
· Create and automate deployment processes that increase quality and velocity
· Collaborate with our internal customers on designs/solutions and bring them from concept to production
· Develop and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards
· Create and implement changes on the live network
· Work closely with our software teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume
· Create and review documentation regarding new standard operating procedures and process improvement
· Participate in a daytime on-call rotation to support deployment or automation activities when required
The successful candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
· 3+ years of professional experience working in large scale networking environments
· 3+ years of experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: /, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
· 3+ years of experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos
· 3+ years of experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/ programming
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.