The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing (CQC) in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Hardware Development Engineer with experience in room temperature and/or cryogenic characterization of materials and devices who will aid in AWS’s effort to bring cloud quantum computing services to its worldwide customer base. Responsibilities include operating and maintaining complex instruments, running characterization analyses, data processing, keeping thorough documentation, and interacting with project leads to provide feedback that continuously improves the characterization processes. Candidates must have a demonstrated background in sound engineering principles and must have basic data analysis, problem solving, and communication skills. Successful candidates will have prior experience working in an academic or industrial fabrication or characterization facility. Working effectively within a team environment is critical.
The work/life integration within our team encourages a culture where employees work hard and also have ownership over their downtime.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of CQC. The candidate will receive management and mentorship from within the team that is geared toward career growth, and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs for engineers and scientists.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
The AWS CQC is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds in order to build a world class team. With Quantum being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
· Associate's degree in materials science, physics, applied physics, electrical engineering or related field
· 2+ years of relevant hands on experience within an industrial or academic characterization facility or fabrication cleanroom
· Experience with one or more of the following techniques: DC and RF electrical probing, cryogenic measurement (e.g., PPMS or similar), SEM, FIB, EDS, TEM, XRD
· Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
· Good problem solving, analytical, writing and communication skills
· Curiosity and capability to rapidly research and learn new instruments, techniques and technical topics
· BS or MS in materials science, physics, applied physics, electrical engineering or related field