Come join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other products and services! You will help us invent the future.
A day in the life
An ideal candidate should also:
· Have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes
· Be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills
· Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities
· Have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions
As a Data Scientist of the Alexa AI Team, you will research and create models, improve models for natural language processing and speech recognition problems. You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous structured data sources, as well as large-scale computing resources, to accelerate advances in training deep neural networks for natural language understanding and automatic speech recognition on thousands of hours of speech. You will be supporting the solutions of highly visible and impactful business problems in the areas of new product development, automation, self-service solution, and quality improvement to continue to delight Alexa customers and help drive Amazon business performance.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. They will be creating reliable, scalable and high performance products that require exceptional technical expertise, and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Machine Learning.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or related industry experience
· 3+ years of experience with underlying Machine Learning techniques
· 3+ years of experience in state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
· PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, machine learning, computer science or related discipline
· 5+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience in machine learning
· 3+ years of experience in natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition
· Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
· Hands on coding with Python or other programming language
· Proficiency in MxNet, pyTorch or TensorFlow