Would you like to shape the future of the video entertainment industry for movies, TV and live sports events? Does solving complex problems within large scale, production systems excite you? If you answered yes, we have a high-impact opportunity for you!
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a growing library of high-quality media. Prime Video launched in 2007 and has quickly become a strategic priority for the company, reflected in the service’s recent expansion into over 240 countries and territories worldwide.
This is a big opportunity to apply Computer Vision and Machine Learning to directly impact millions of customers.
A day in the life
In your day-to-day activities in this role, you'll embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, and develop models in the intersection between Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Computer Graphics to extract 2D/3D scene understanding of Prime Video content. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and iteratively develop technology to impact millions of our customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
About the hiring group
The PV-CVML team is a group of Applied Scientists working on a diverse set of 2D/3D scene understanding problems of images and videos while partnering with various teams across Prime Video (PV). The most unique aspect of our team is the broad set of exciting problems we get to work on for our multiple stakeholders across the entire video-streaming vertical. If you want to work on technically cutting-edge problems with massive customer impact, then our team is the perfect fit for you!
As a member of our team, you will work on the intersection between Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Computer Graphics to develop algorithms and systems to problems that have cross-organizational technological impact. Your work will focus on cleansing and preparing large scale datasets, training and evaluating models and deploying them to production. You will work on large engineering efforts that solve significantly complex problems facing global customers. You will be trusted to operate with independence and are often assigned to focus on areas with significant impact on audience satisfaction. You must be equally comfortable with digging in to customer requirements as you are drilling into design with development teams.
We would like you to build models that can perform 2D/3D scene-understanding such as scene attribution classification, 2D/3D object detection, 3D scene reconstruction, camera tracking and differentiable rendering of all video-content available on Prime Video using computer vision, natural language processing, deep learning and computer graphics. We need to solve problems across many cultures and languages and have a huge amount of human-labelled data as well as operations team to generate labels across many languages to help us achieve these goals. Our team consistently strives to innovate, and holds several novel patents and inventions in the motion picture and television industry. We are highly motivated to extend the state of the art.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine learning technologies.
· 5+ years professional experience working with Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning.
· Hands-on professional experience with Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP or speech processing.
· Strong knowledge and development experience with learning algorithms Experience with the full machine learning lifecycle.
· Experience with Spark, Python, Deep learning frameworks (e.g MXNet, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.).
· Experience in applying cutting-edge Deep Learning techniques to solve VFX related tasks, including Rotoscoping, Match-Moving, and Lightening/Rendering.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
· Proven track record of innovation in developing learning algorithms and applying them to large scale systems.