The Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background, to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology.
About the hiring group
The Alexa AI team has a mission to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Applied Scientist with the Alexa AI team, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related field with a specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems
· Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership, and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills