Excited by using massive amounts of data to develop Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models? Want to help public sector, medical center and non-profit agencies derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprise’s use cases of AWS ML and DL? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in Machine Learning for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. If you have experience with AI, including building ML or DL models, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
If you do not live in a market where we have an open Data Scientist position, please feel free to apply. Our Data Scientists can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, evaluating data, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of AI. Major responsibilities include:
· Understand the customer’s business need and guide them to a solution using our AWS AI Services, AWS AI Platforms, AWS AI Frameworks, and AWS AI EC2 Instances .
· Assist customers by being able to deliver a ML / DL project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
· Use Deep Learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, and MxNet to help our customers build DL models.
· Use SparkML and Amazon Machine Learning (AML) to help our customers build ML models.
· Work with our Professional Services Big Data consultants to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data.
· Work with our Professional Services DevOps consultants to help our customers operationalize models after they are built.
· Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models.
· Research and implement novel ML and DL approaches, including using FPGA.
· This position can have periods of up to 10% travel.
· A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
· Experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models
· Experience using Python and/or R; Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Knowledge of SparkML
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools and experience diving into data to discover hidden patterns
· PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· 3+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
· Experience giving data presentations
· This position prefers that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and be willing to maintain a TS security clearance
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us