At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life
We are seeking a Data Scientist to be part of the NLU science team for Alexa Shopping. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our technical strategy in developing and deploying NLU, Machine Learning solutions to our hardest customer facing problems. Our goal is to delight customers by providing a conversational interaction. These initiatives are at the heart of the organization and recognized as the innovations that will allow us to build a differentiated product that exceeds customer expectations. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape Alexa Shopping NLU is defined for years to come. If this role seems like a good fit, please reach out, we'd love to talk to you.
This role requires working closely with business, engineering and other scientists within Alexa Shopping and across Amazon to deliver ground breaking features. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with various teams across Amazon. You will work with a team of Language Engineers and Scientists to launch new customer facing features and improve the current features.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Bachelor or Master's degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
· Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.* Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 4+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.