We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for an outstanding engineer who combines strong knowledge of aerodynamics with expertise in using CFD simulations to drive vehicle design. As a member of the high-fidelity aero team, you will have a direct hand in shaping our future drone designs and will interface closely with several other teams, including the conceptual design, wind tunnel, and controls teams.
Responsibilities will include using CFD to aid in:
· Vehicle-level conceptual and detailed design
· Propeller design
· Aerodynamic database generation
· Wind tunnel support and validation
Developing pre- and post-processing tooling is another key component to the role, so strong programming skills are encouraged.
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· 2+ years of industry experience
· Aerodynamic design experience
· Proficient in CFD, including geometry cleanup, meshing, simulating, post-processing, and analysis
· Graduate degree in Aerospace Engineering
· Experience in all phases of a vehicle-design process
· Experience simulating both internal and external flows
· Experience with wind tunnel testing
· Experience with aerodynamic database generation
· Experience with propeller design and analysis
· Knowledgeable in aircraft stability and control
· Strong communication skills
· Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or Java