Amazon is investing heavily in building a customer centric, world class advertising business across its many unique audio, video, and display surfaces. We are looking for an Applied Scientist who has a deep passion for building machine-learning solutions in our advertising decision system. In this role, you will be on the cutting edge of developing monetization solutions for Live TV, Connected TV and streaming Audio. These are nascent, high growth areas, where advertising monetization is an important, fully integrated part of the core strategy for each business.
As an Sr. Data Scientist, you will be tasked with leading innovations in machine learning algorithms to deliver ads across platforms influencing product features and architectural choices for decision making systems. You will need to work with data scientists to invent elegant metrics and associated measurement models, and develop algorithms that help advertisers test and learn the impact of advertising strategies across channels on these metrics while ensuring a great customer experience.
· Rapidly design, prototype and test machine learning algorithms for optimizing advertising reach, frequency and return on advertising spend
· Build systems that extract and process volumes of disparate data using a variety of econometric and machine learning approaches. These systems should be designed to scale with exponential growth in data and run continuously.
· Leverage knowledge of advanced software system and algorithm development to build our measurement and optimization engine.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
· Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale ML applications
· Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem and hands-on knowledge of MapReduce (Hadoop, Spark, Pig) technology