Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) is an online store that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to the needs of businesses. Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products – everything from IT and lab equipment to education and food-service supplies. Amazon Business customers also enjoy a variety of benefits, including business-only pricing and selection, a multi-seller marketplace, single- or multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, purchasing system integrations, payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support, Business Prime and more.
Business Prime is a paid subscription service for verified business, charity or government organizations that provides the familiar Prime shopping experience end users love at home, with pricing plans and benefits that are suited for work. Business Prime now serves over a million employees in organizations throughout the world. Our customers range from government entities with tens of thousands of users to sole proprietors.
The Business Prime team is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Scientist to generate data-driven insights influencing the Business Prime direction, build the necessary predictive models, optimization algorithms and customer behavioral segments allowing us to discover and expand the value proposition of Business Prime to the customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Customer lifecycle analysis improving targeting, customer identification, and spend behavior.
- Data driven insights to accelerate acquisition of new members.
- Grow benefits adoption based on customer segment, vertical, and drive customers to their "aha moment".
- Predict customers at risk of churn and declining engagement.
- Identify ineligible accounts including fraud, abuse, and other undesired behaviors.
- Experiments to enhance membership value for B2B customers.
In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work with Business Intelligence Engineers, Financial Analysts, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Engineers, and other Data Scientists, to build new and enhance existing ML models to optimize customer experience. The successful Data Scientist will have extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment, with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to build and manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify data requirements, build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. We are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical people who know their subject matter deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who know how to deliver results and show a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues, and their career.
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Master’s degree with 5 years relevant experience in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, etc.), or equivalent professional or military experience working as a Data Scientist.
· Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical analysis, research science, machine learning and deep learning techniques, data modeling, regression modeling, financial analysis, demand modeling, etc.).
· Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations.
· A PhD degree in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, etc.), or equivalent professional or military experience working as a Data Scientist.
· 5+ years’ experience in a ML or Data Scientist role with a large technology company.
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as Python or similar scripting language.
· Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, Redshift and Columnar Databases.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us