Interested in applying machine learning to make a real world impact to customers and business? Let's chat!
Amazon’s Automated Marketing team is building the Internet's largest-scale Search and Social Marketing systems. Our Applied Machine learning team is responsible for a number of algorithms that automatically generate, target, measure, and optimize tens of millions of search engine and social media ad placements that drive a significant portion of Amazon's business. We build end-to-end solutions ranging from sourcing ad contents, optimizing the right Shopping experiences upon Ad-click and Valuation and bidding strategies using techniques from machine learning, natural language processing, statistics and numerical optimization. We also focus on developing novel A/B experimentation mechanisms to measure efficacy of our ML solutions.
You will go home and show your family and friends why they receive this ad on Google/Facebook or that email from Amazon. You will make a difference by improving the relevancy for customers and optimizing the investment level for Amazon. You will work with diverse teams and channels. You will work on a myriad of interesting and challenging problems in marketing and advertising, where you get an opportunity to hone your expertise in deep learning, supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, natural language processing, statistics and numerical optimization to make a real impact to the world. You will work on solving challenging problems at the intersection of e-commerce and internet advertising, while gaining knowledge about the ever dynamic and evolving digital marketing landscape.
As a Research Scientist, you will be tasked with leading scientific innovations in measurement and optimization, that enable us to deliver relevant and performant advertising experiences to customers. As a trusted science leader you will get the opportunity to mentor and develop talent within the team while solving some of the most challenging science and business intelligence problems. You will need to invent elegant metrics and associated measurement models, and develop algorithms that help us test and learn the impact of Marketing strategies across channels to maximize long term profit for Amazon while ensuring a great customer experience.
We are a team of scientists with engineering expertise. You will extract, analyze and transform large scale data for modeling. You will research and implement machine learning models to solve the optimization problems. You will collaborate with partner teams to understand the current systems and data sources, or propose new system or data collection improvements. You will communicate findings and results to leadership. You will help shaping and driving the roadmap for the organization.
If you've read this far, apply now!
· Master's Degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative field
· 5+ years industry experience of building end-to-end statistical modeling solutions
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern scripting language such as Python, R
· Demonstrates best practices for data collection, modeling, model implementation, and experimentation
· PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative field
· 3+ years industry experience of building end-to-end statistical modeling solutions
· Experience with modeling tools such as R, scikit-learn, Spark MLLib, MxNet, Tensorflow, numpy, scipy etc.
· Demonstrated use of modeling and mathematical optimization techniques tailored to meet real life problems through a record of achievements in industrial and/or academic environments
· Expertise in one of the following areas: Optimization, Applied Probability, Time Series Analysis and/or Predictive Modeling techniques
· Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch by working with engineering, business and finance stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.