Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world's most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking multiple top industry technical experts to grow our team dedicated to expanding our cloud service lines to our customers. We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how “things are usually done" and is willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We're looking for technical experts for one of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a master at platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth.
Our systems engineers spend time:
· Investigating new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers
· Maintaining the world's most advanced cloud computing infrastructure.
· Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide and solving them proactively before impacting customers.
· Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem
· Studying and learning from industry recognized Amazon distinguished engineers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of Linux experience
· 3+ years of systems engineering experience
· 3+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
· 2+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
· Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years of Linux experience
· 5+ years of systems engineering experience
· 5+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
· 3+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
· Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
· Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.