At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and carry products that our customers want and enjoy, while ensuring that customers are safe and get safe products from Amazon. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build an environment where our customer’s safety is paramount, where we enable our customer’s to find and buy anything online, and where we ensure that we maintain and enhance customer’s trust on Amazon, then this is your chance to be part of a challenging and strategic initiative.
We’re looking for a strong Senior Product Manager- Technical to join our team in Seattle, WA. You should have strong technical problem-solving skills, product management skills, excellent communication skills, an understanding of how developers build, manage and deploy their infrastructure and applications. You should also possess the ability to influence people across the organization from tech leadership to business managers by creating win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor to support Amazon's next generation technology. To do this, you must be able to manage complex initiative across numerous novel business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp over the operational, financial, and technical aspects of each program.
This role will report into the global product team that enables and support Amazon’s Safety and Compliance team. This team owns technology products that span all of Amazon Consumer and Retail business such as Amazon.com, AmazonGo, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Prime Now, Amazon’s third party fulfillment business, etc. One of the main goal is to ensure our supply chain has the right technology and controls in place to support our safety and compliance goals. This role is inherently cross-functional—the professional will work closely with various partner supply chain teams across Amazon (product and engineering), Supply Chain SME, project management, fulfillment operations, finance, legal, safety and compliance, and their respective executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing tech products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
You should be passionate about retail, supply chain, consumer business, and to build meaningful products. Prior experience working in product management, managing tech roadmaps, retail, and supply chain is preferred. Ability to deal with ambiguity and knowledge working with data is preferred.
You must be able to:
• Work with internal customers to understand their use cases and their existing solutions.
• Collaborate with partner engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps for compliance and safety.
• Address bottlenecks, provide customer input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Partner with multiple tech and product teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the solution.
• Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
• Have the ability to query and analyze data, and come up with insightful findings out of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology.
- 7+ years’ of Product management experience in technology, ecommerce, supply chain, or SaaS companies; or 10+ years’ experience working in complex project management in supply chain or retail business.
- Experience working with technology teams and product teams.
- Knowledge of basic SQL, query, data analysis, and cost-benefit analysis.
- MBA or Masters in Supply Chain or Masters in technical field.
- Knowledge of software development, coding, and software architecture preferred.
- Experience in retail, ecommerce, supply chain, operations, or logistics preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion. Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.