Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale that can support Amazon’s global platform, and customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found through mediums such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our team as Label Relations/Artist Relations Manager, based in Toronto, Canada. In this role, you will collaborate with our label and artist partners to provide the best music experience for our customers. Label and Artist Relations handle the existing music relationships, contribute to collaborative efforts internally and externally around content launches, events, and promotions. Label and Relations Managers work closely with Marketing, Merchandising, Content vendor management, Operations, and International teams.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, strong background in fostering relationships, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products that customers love.
· Develop relationships with record labels and content owners to create opportunities for new music content promotions.
· Work with record labels and other owners of content to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
· Develop relationships with music artists and community.
· Act as Amazon’s ambassador among record labels, the artist community and the larger music industry, educating them through compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
· Share expertise and best practices with other territories.
· Support Original content development/rollout
· Translate label relations metrics into actionable plans as determined by different inputs which drive performance.
· Create sustainable process improvements for Digital Music leadership which drive year-over-year progress.
· 5+ years of experience in the entertainment industry in a function involving sales, account management, business development, marketing and/or deal-making
· Deep and proven knowledge of Canadian and international music scene.
· A proven track record of setting and exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
· Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large label partners, artists, and artist managers
· Extensive industry network with broad music industry awareness
· Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
· Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving and project management skills
· Strong and successful communication skills which include the ability to write compelling, concise documents, speaking, and presenting
· Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast.
· Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
· Bilingual English and French
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.