This role can be located in - Sunnyvale (CA), Seattle (WA), Washington DC Metro Area/Arlington/HQ2, Austin, Boston, Denver, LA Metro, and San Diego.
In this role, you will lead the development and launch of some of Fire TV’s best selling devices as well as develop new ones. You will make high judgment decisions, present persuasive cases to executive leadership and have enduring impact on the future of Fire TV. Your team will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of HW, OS and software engineering, user experience, finance, marketing, customer service, and Amazon leadership, and ship devices to customers globally. You will lead large teams of 50+ team members through high complexity and high ambiguity product development cycles, while building excellent intuition for one way door decisions. In this role you will also work on hardware systems and platform Software/OS – bringing in your unique perspective into the complex systems that make winning products.
You will work with a broad array of technical and non-tech stakeholders – from design to architecture and core technologies all the way through product development and commercialization. You will have visibility at the highest levels of Amazon's leadership team, and work on our most strategic future initiatives. You will innovate on new devices, features and experiences, even as you manage the operational rigor of rolling out high quality devices on time and within budget. Finally your team will ship - to millions of customers at a scale that only Fire TV can enable.
This role is a good fit for someone creative, who has strong customer focus and ‘product sense’, combined with an established track record in consumer technology products, connected devices, and a real passion for TV and mobile video entertainment.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision for next generation devices and hardware
• Oversee multiple programs in various stages of the lifecycle- from ideation to development to launch/retirement.
• Define creative, high quality, long term product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Drive product launches in concert with Engineering, Operations Go to Market, PR, and other Product teams
• Create buy-in for the product/feature/service vision and strategy with technical and leadership teams
• Operate with influence across a wide variety of cross functional technical, UX and commercial teams.
A day in the life
We are looking for General Managers and tech leaders- who are equally at ease dreaming uplarge/ambiguous idea to getting deep into the details with HW/SW engineering. The PMT in this role understands waterfall development models and has high judgment for one way door decisions. In addition to the high ambiguity product development phase, you will influence multiple areas- from the look and feel to packaging and brand and the business aspects around portfolio financials to go-to-market strategy and launch events with PR.
HW or embedded SW experience is a plus but not a pre-requisite.
About the team
The Fire TV Devices is an entrepreneurial team that operates at scale and delivers well loved products that continue to delight customers. In the last few years we have built 4.5, 4.6. 4.7 and now 4.8 star rated products- and are just getting started! Join us as we embark on ambitious initiatives that bring together massive scope involving 50+ engineering team members, frequent visibility to Amazon's senior leadership team, and the opportunity to deliver disruptive products with massive global impact.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years experience in product or program management, UI/UX design or building large scale consumer applications.
· Strong CX bias- building simple, elegant and deeply engaging mobile experiences.
· Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/embedded applications
· Experience leading teams to deliver products and services with an Agile mindset.
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition with rigorous execution.
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions and strategy related to product architecture.
• Experience in consumer electronics with high degrees of technical complexity and hardware/software integration.
• Familiarity with hardware product development and launch, combining HW/SW/Services at scale
• Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define a winning business strategy and product road map, and execute complex product development cycles.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
• Executive presence to influence teams and leaders at all levels up to the S-Team.
• Identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and/or technical goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.